Stacking The Shelves #26 - The One After A Very Bookish Month

Hi Everyone! It's been OVER a month since I did a Stacking The Shelves, and I've pretty much lost track of all the book I've gotten!

It's been a SLOW reading year because of ALL THE COURSEWORK that I have, and all the things I'm putting off to a later date because I kind of hate college right now? It's been a demeaning experience because well, the shackles are on a lot tighter than in school and I feel like rather than letting us GROW AS PEOPLE, they're interested in making us these compliant little monkeys. 
Sorry, that probably makes no sense. 

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers at Tyga's Reviews and over the last month, I stacked onto my shelves:

FOR REVIEW:

From Penguin Random House International:

1. Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields: I read this GORGEOUS Indian Fantasy in the beginning of this year and I absolutely fell in love! It captures the essence of India without trying too hard and it made me love it more. I'm SO EXCITED for the sequel!


Image result for empress of a thousand skies2. The Reader by Traci Chee: I was SO EXCITED for this diverse fantasy, and while it was a certain kind of adventure, I had a lot of questions through the book and I hope they get answeres in the next book!

3. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza: This arrived JUST YESTERDAY AND I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING IN THIS BOOK. It looks beautiful, It's about a BADASS EMPRESS and it's set in space. EEK. I can't wait to start reading!

From Harper Collins India:
1. Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth: Despite hearing a lot of "Harmful" things about this book, I dove into the world and FELL TOTALLY IN LOVE. I love the World Building and the Plot and there was this PERFECT pace to the book. You can read my review in the link in the title.

Image result for michelle falkoff pushing perfect
2. Pushing Perfect by Michelle Falkos: A Book that arrived JUST THIS WEEK that has me so excited to read it. I have pretty much been one of those over-achieving girls and I can't wait to see what Michelle holds for me in her latest book.

From Pan Macmillan India:
I'm currently reading the first book in this GORGEOUS SERIES, Truthwitch and it is all kinds of awesome! Hopefully I'll finish it and love it so much that I'll immediately want to start this one!


I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK. It is ALL ABOUT nobility who have powers and the rest of the citizens that need to serve them as slaves for 10 years and it is SUPPOSED TO BE AMAZING.

From Usborne Publishing:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. My first (and only) five star read of this year and IT MADE ME BELIEVE IN ALL THE THINGS AGAIN! It is the BEST BOOK and FREAKING AWKWARD AND ADORABLE and trust me, you'll love it.


I think this BOOK IS SO FREAKING IMPORTANT that you should all read it, Amanda is a trans women, trying to make a new life, and facing all the challenges that come with it. While I thought it was missing something I still do think that reading books like this ARE SO DAMN IMPORTANT.

This is SUCH AN IMPORTANT book on Mental Health AND Feminism and Friendship and I LOVED IT. I already have the second book and I'm so excited to start that as well. I did love Evie and I can't read more.

The Second book in the Spinster's Club Series that I AM SO EXCITED TO DIVE INTO. It's one of the books I hope to get to before this month ends and hopefully I love Amber's story as much as I loved Evie's. 

What did you stack onto your shelves this week?
I can't wait to check out your stacks this week, so please do leave me your links!

No comments:

Post a Comment