I NEED MORE // The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen #2) by Jodi Meadows

Title: The Mirror King
Author: Jodi Meadows
Publication Date: May 5th 2016
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Part of a Series?: Yes, Book 2 of The Orphan Queen Duology
I Got A Copy Through: I bought it~
Buy Links: Amazon IN || Amazon US || Amazon UK || The Book Depository || Wordery || Barnes And Noble
Blurb Description: Wilhelmina has a hundred enemies.
HER FRIENDS HAVE TURNED. After her identity is revealed during the Inundation, Princess Wilhelmina is kept prisoner by the Indigo Kingdom, with the Ospreys lost somewhere in the devastated city. When the Ospreys’ leader emerges at the worst possible moment, leaving Wil’s biggest ally on his deathbed, she must become Black Knife to set things right. 
HER MAGIC IS UNCONTROLLABLE. Wil’s power is to animate, not to give true life, but in the wraithland she commanded a cloud of wraith mist to save herself, and later ordered it solid. Now there is a living boy made of wraith—destructive and deadly, and willing to do anything for her.
HER HEART IS TORN. Though she’s ready for her crown, declaring herself queen means war. Caught between what she wants and what is right, Wilhelmina realizes the throne might not even matter. Everyone thought the wraith was years off, but already it’s destroying Indigo Kingdom villages. If she can’t protect both kingdoms, soon there won’t be a land to rule.
In this stunning conclusion to THE ORPHAN QUEEN, Jodi Meadows follows Wilhelmina’s breathtaking and brave journey from orphaned criminal on the streets to magic-wielding queen.
SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I HAD THIS BOOK FOR MONTHS AND DID NOTHING WITH IT?

I DON’T KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN THIS BOOK, BECAUSE THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR IT. I just sped through it, not knowing what was happening around me and not processing any of the heart-breaking reveals in it because it was ALL TOO MUCH for one simple Book-Dragon to bear. I think I’ll still live in my happy little denial place because I NEED MORE and there isn’t any.

If you have read The Orphan Queen, and haven’t read The Mirror King for some reason YET, then let me tell you THERE IS NO TIME BETTER THAN THE PRESENT, for this does not let you down! Jodi Meadows makes you fall – and I mean REALLY REALLY FALL – for all of her characters that you met in The Orphan Queen, more than you ever thought possible.

This book starts off exactly where The Orphan Queen left off, and I have no idea HOW I SURVIVED for so long.

In the Inundated City of Skyvale, Prince Tobias has been shot. Wilhelmina has been exposed as the person she really is – Flasher, Imposter and a Queen with a pet wraith on her leash. The Ospreys are divided, Patrick Lien is out of control, claiming to carry out assassinations on Wilhelmina’s behalf but more importantly, the Wraith are coming, and they’re coming now.

Since I’m not going to tell you the story, here are my reasons why you must read this series:

1.    The Multiple Identities: I ADORED HOW EVERYONE WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE ELSE, AND SOMEONE WAS ALWAYS PRETENDING AND SOMEONE ELSE ALWAYS KNEW. It made it so intriguing, the game of keeping up pretenses and all the secrets within each pretense and I LOVED IT SO MUCH AHOIHAFOIDH.

2.    The Plot: This was such a cool, VERY WELL EXECUTED plot with so many twists that even if you saw one coming, the next one was IMPOSSIBLE. I love that there was so much actual GOVERNING as much as the dances and the angst, because being a monarch means GOVERNING, okay? Also, the magic, the wraith and the Kingdoms AAAAAAH.

3.    The Characters: THEY WERE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL, OKAY? Including the Wraith. And Tobias. And James. But especially Wil! Oh how I LOVE my flawed mistake causing babies, and there imperfect decision making and their passion and bravery. PERFECT. I love that there were so many secondary characters that were given importance!

4.    The Chemistry: I will admit, this took a while to grow on me, but I was sitting in the middle of the BEAUTIFUL GIANT that is The Mirror King and I realised I was shipping it ALL. ALL OF IT, I TELL YOU. *dies*

So that’s about it. If you haven’t read this book, it is SO WORTH IT! 5 GOLDEN STARS.
HAVE YOU READ THIS SERIES? *Uses Cait (from Paper Fury's) book thumping method until you begin! Have you read any more Jodi Meadows books? 
What is your favourite fantasy novel? Any recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment