BLOG TOUR: Where Dead Bodies Lie (The Body Dowser Series, #1) by Kat Cazanav


Where Dead Bodies Lie (The Body Dowser Series, #1)
Author: Kat Cazanav
Release Date: 12/16/14
Summary from Goodreads: For as long as I can remember, I have been told to follow three important rules; 

Always guard my ability 
Never share my secret 
And pretend to be normal. 

However, those three little rules don’t make my life easier. I still find dead people and deal with strange visions. Not to mention, an attraction to a boy who doesn’t exist. Whenever we cross path’s he mists away like smoke on a mirror. He drives me crazy, that Kaff Cooper. As a flock of dead crows fall from the blackened sky, Kaff becomes the only one who can see the truth straight to the dark underbelly of who I actually am. My hands feel the pull to extract the forsaken, the lost, the forgotten. It comes as naturally as breathing and there is no stopping it.




Author Links:


**GIVEAWAY**
a Rafflecopter giveaway

**MY REVIEW**


Where Dead Bodies Lie. I don't know where to start, really. The book started off rather brilliantly- and I felt like it was going to be a definite five star review. A child body dowser, who says she should have predicted the things that came next; should have foreseen the events that would change her life forever, but didn't.

And the author managed to transport you out of this world and into our protagonist's with ease, all in the first chapter.

Then you're taken to the future- where she is going to a new, posh private school.. and everything goes downhill from there.

While I knew what was happening on a whole, I did NOT understand the point of these things happening. I was lost, for the most part, and while certain characters intrigued me, and managed to make my opinion go up again, I'm afraid, that at the end of the day, there were just TOO many questions unanswered, too many new ones popping up and too many characters doing things that even I would consider was too unrealistic.

I really hoped I would like it, but I didn't. I can only wish that the promise and hope and intrigue I felt in the beginning actually transpired into something more!

*Thanks to YA Bound Book Tours and the author for the opportunity to read this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment