BLOG TOUR: The Replacement by Rachel Wade

Author: by Rachael Wade
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult
Publisher: Rabbit Hole Press
Publication Date: 27th January 2014
Blurb Description  A gritty New Adult drama about a young woman’s self-destructive quest to find purpose, self-worth, and love in a broken world.

My name is Elise Duchamp. I’m twenty-three years old and I’m known as the town whore.

No, not the kind who exchanges sexual favors for money. The other kind. The kind who gives it all away for free, whenever and however she likes. I am that girl. The one everyone whispers about and the one none of the girls seem to like, because all of their boyfriends either want to sleep with me or already have. Promiscuity is my thing—the kind that slowly, violently turns my insides black, but gives me something I need.

All things considered, I’m not completely reckless. I’m safe, and contrary to popular opinion, I do have a heart. I live in a world of careless choices, and with those choices come careless people. I cannot judge them, because I am one of them. I too bow down to the altar of the self-serving. I am not a good friend. I am not and never could be anyone’s girlfriend. I’m convinced any goodness in me shriveled up and died long ago.

But I am a replacement. That is something I know how to be, and this is a story of the lengths I’d go to in order to keep it that way.
*Contains sexually explicit content and mature subject matter, including language and elements of abuse.*

Purchase The Replacement: *** -Amazon *** -B&N

AUTHOR BIO
Rachael Wade is the Amazon bestselling author of The Preservation Series, The Resistance Trilogy, and the upcoming sci-fi series, The Keepers Trilogy. When she’s not writing, she’s busy learning French, watching too many movies, and learning how to protect animals and the environment. Visit her at www.RachaelWade.com and www.LightsOnOutreach.com, or come chat with her on Twitter via @RachaelWade

Author Links: *** Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Goodreads

**GIVEAWAY**

**MY REVIEW**


* I received a copy from Xpresso Book Tours and the author in exchange for a review**

If somebody asked me why I picked up this book- my answer would have to be because I REALLY wanted to see how the Wade handled the ‘I give it away for free’ element of the book. There aren’t very many books I’ve come across that portray free intercourse as something done, well, freely.

And, to my astonishment, Rachel Wade did it BRILLIANTLY!

Elise Duchamp- God. There were so many times where you wanted to shake her, and tell her that the past doesn’t matter and that she isn’t what everybody labels her to be- but someone hurt and dealing in the only way she understands. As much as I felt frustrated, it never reached a point where I believed Rachel Wade was overdoing it- her writing made the entire tale seem perfectly balanced for a broken character.

Ryder- (Yes, I know I’m doing this again) God. I actually read the synopsis for The Prisoner (A novella that is part of the series) as well- which portrays him to be some bad boy with no care in the world- and so when we were first introduced to him, I was shocked (to say the least).

He was exactly the opposite of everything I envisioned him to be. Elise’s reputation didn’t bother him, kindness was his most exemplary trait (with a hint of mischief, of course) and what I loved the most- was that he wasn’t just someone whose whole character was based on his well, performance in bed. He was so much more- with his Traveller ways, his telescope and his tent! Haha!

All in all, I would have to say that even though I don’t usually go for this sort of read, The Replacement is definitely worth it!

My Verdict:


I’ve never read Rachel Wade before- but you bet I’m going to nowJ  

1 comment:

  1. Wow this sounds like such a great read and I'm glad that the whole free thing was done well. I also like the sounds of this Ryder fella! ;) Great review, Aditi!

    ReplyDelete